The Presley House formerly known as, The Blackmore House circa 1842 is rich in history and in architecture. This home reflects colonial revival style with Louisiana plantation features. Located on the corner of Main and Second, this property sprawls a half city block. It is listed as a contributing property to the Warsaw Historic District and listed on the National Registry of Historic Places by the United States Department of Interior. Thomas Blackmore, who was the original owner, passed the home down to his great-great grandson, Julian D. Gaines and his family. Mrs Gaines was described as quite the Southern Belle. They moved from Savannah, Georgia bringing the southern accent to the Warsaw community!
Kent and Lisa Klee moved to Warsaw in July 2019, shortly after their move, they purchased The Blackmore House in 2020 and began renovations in 2021. Lisa’s love of historic homes presented the opportunity to revive this old house with a new life. It was rumored by people in the community that it would take too much time and money to renovate this property and should be torn down. Instead, Lisa saw a wonderful opportunity to bring this house back to full restoration and become viable to the community. After a tremendous amount of hard work, time, and money, this home is now presented as a fully restored historic event venue.
It is with great excitement, to announce the completion of The Presley House. The event venue is named after Mr. and Mrs. Klee’s granddaughter, Presley Reese Toole. Presley is 3 years old, beautiful and full of life, just like the home. We are honored to be a part of the future events that will bring new life to this old home. God has richly blessed us and we pray that all who enter will be blessed.
“Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name.” Psalm 100:4